Thursday, November 19, 2009

Job time

One of the things I noticed in Phoenix was all the palm trees. I would have never thought you would find so many in the middle of a desert. It kind of gives the feel of an oasis. It reminds me of southern CA, where I am pretty certain half the population of Phoenix moved from. So that would explain it.
Phoenix where all the cool laid back Californian's moved to. Idaho always got the rich assholes from California moving to Sun Valley. Of course my family moved their from California so what does that say? Ha ha at least we didn't move to Sun Valley though.

So I have a seasonal job at B&N which has got me starting to read a lot more, which is always a good thing. My latest trend (yes, I pick books in trends. Don't judge me) has been gothic literature. started off with Dracula, which I have to say is one of the best books I have read in awhile. The author chose to write the book from the perspective of different people's journals. And the writing style for all of them is very distinct. If you haven't read it I highly recommend it, especially if you're part of all this crazy nonsense about the vampires that was inspired by Twilight. After that I read Dr Jekyll and Mr Hyde. Decent but nothing really spectacular.
Then I just finished Frankenstein... it's a pretty good book for being the authors first work. Has a few flaws if you really think it through but it's very entertaining. One thing I don't get though is that he always seems to go into a coma whenever something drastic happens. Were people that mentally fragile back then? Or was the author just trying to dramatize how difficult it must have been for him? I don't get it either way.

No comments:

Post a Comment