Thursday, July 8, 2010

Engaged!

So the bf finally proposed last weekend. He had a bunch of family in town and we were all going to watch a baseball game. I was pretty sure he was going to propose that day, at the game because he had said things like "I asked how much it would be to put something on the jumbotron" and then didn't give an explanation why, so being extremely intelligent and intuitive... I figured that was going to be the way he asked me.

We went over to his parents house for lunch and to hang out with the family before the game. We ended up watching an Animal Planet show about ranchers. It was umm, authentic ha ha. It was taking place during the spring so cows were giving birth left and right. Coming from the dairy capitol of the world in Idaho, I've seen my fair share, so thankfully I was used to it. I was somehow so caught up in the show (how can you look away from blood, guts, and birthing material? *barf*) that I didn't notice people were holding video camera's until the bf turned to me and started saying how much he loved me and pulled out a box (!) and asked if I would marry him. To which of course I said yes (would I really be posting this if I didn't?).

So he put the ring on my finger and I got hugged by everyone in the family, then they pulled out a cake that said "Congratulations" on it and we ate it. They joked about how they had a cake that said "Sorry" in the refrigerator in case I said no ha ha.

This is a picture of it. It's a little fancier than I wanted, but it's very unique and beautiful, and he did pick it out all by himself so I love it. There is another band that goes over the top for the wedding ceremony.

After that we went to the baseball game. He told me he was going to propose at the game, but the guy who was supposed to rent the time space for him to do it, dropped the ball and it didn't end up happening. Which was FINE with me because I'm not really great on camera, especially when 45,000 people are watching me. I tend to turn red, stammer, and would probably end up drooling or spitting because I'm prone to do embarrassing things when being watched closely.

As we were waiting for the game to start, the bf's (ahem I mean fiance's) 2 year old nephew got hit on the head with a water bottle. We were on the bottom tier of the stadium, right under the second tier, and the bottle fell from the second tier and hit him. I think it just grazed his head and startled him but he was pretty upset. Some guy looked over the rail and started laughing. Laughing! Which was extremely stupid because next thing you know, all 6 men from the family are running up the steps to get him. Have I mentioned my bf is an amateur body builder and he's one of the smaller men in his family? So we were basically ready to see this guys body flying over the side next, but fortunately for the laugher, security got involved first and kicked him out of the game. The nephew was all right once he calmed down and got some cotton candy, which would make anyone feel better right? ;)

After that we watched the fireworks the stadium put on since it was the 3rd of July. And (side rant)... the only fireworks we could find were snap pops. SNAP POPS. Needless to say we'll be spending any future 4th of July's in Idaho where they let you light off real fireworks.

1 comment:

Amie said...

GORGEOUS ring! Congrats again.

Post a Comment