Wednesday, July 7, 2010

Sisters

Having the sister here is GREAT. Although sadly the bf is starting to feel a little neglected so we'll have to have some date time soon.

We were talking a couple days ago about how differently our parents treated us (oldest and youngest child). While we are only 3 years a part, it's crazy how differently they treated us. My sister went to a baseball game with my dad a few weeks ago and he bought her a beer (she's 20). When I turned 21 and my mom begged me not to go out and get a drink. Right.

My favorite one though was when I picked my sister up early from prom awhile ago. We were talking to my mom the next morning and she asked what time sister got home, and I told her 11.
Mom: "Wow, that's the earliest any of you have gotten home from prom."
Me: "Umm actually, you made me come home at 10 when I went."
Mom: "That's not true." (typical mom response when ever I enlighten her as to how I was treated)
Me: "It's completely true. And you had a neighbor couple chaperon us the whole time."
Mom: "Oh. Yah, that's right ha ha ha. You don't hate me for that right?"

3 comments:

Amie said...

So did the bf propose? If not, don't fret. There's no need to rush these things (speaking as a person who went absolutely insane whilst waiting to be proposed to, to the point that I almost ruined the relationship).

Phoenix said...

He did! I'm still getting used to it even though I was more than ready for it for a LONG time as well ;)

Amie said...

DUDE. And you didn't write about it? And you're still calling him bf? Sheesh, woman. Of course, I never stopped calling Husband Boyfriend until the moment he became Husband. Because fiance rhymes with Beyonce, and that freaked me out. So it goes.

BUT YAY! Congrats :)

Post a Comment