Monday, September 20, 2010

Moving Up

So despite the weather forecast for the part weekend, it was freakin HOT outside. It was right around 112 all weekend so needless to say I did not get to start running. I did, however, go swimming a bit and started working on getting a tan. My sister came to visit me earlier this summer and laughed when she saw me saying "Ha ha, you live in Arizona and you're not even tan!" Yes, it's true. I also don't have heat stroke, which to me is better than not having a tan. And I can be tan in the winter when her butt is freezing in the negative degree weather.

I got promoted at the Melting Pot! I've only been there a couple months now, but management heard I was interested in being a supervisor, so they offered it to me, and I train all this weekend. Hopefully this leads to being considered as a manager in the future. I've worked in the food industry for about 8 years now and I'm finally getting my ass into gear about management. Sad, I know. I guess I always thought I'd be doing something else. But now that I know it's going to take awhile to get me through college... might as well work my way up and get good experience/pay along the way.

Training is going to be a bit rough. I have to close the restaurant friday, saturday, and sunday so I'll be working LATE. But it will be worth it. I'm considering quitting my other job at Barnes & Noble... unless I can talk them into letting me just work weekdays because it's just taking too much out of me on the weekends when the restaurant is super busy, and my man is off of work. I want to stay there though if I can because the girls there are good friends of mine. So I'll talk to the manager and see what we can work out.

I just need more time with the fiance honestly. He's doubled up on courses so he's always doing homework after work. Then my weekends are completely taken up with work, so something needs to be done. We had a huge fight this past weekend and it was partly due to stress on both of our sides, and just not getting much time together. So I'm feeling really great about this new step. Yes, I'll be working later some nights. But I'll be able to free up half of my weekends so it will be for the better.

2 comments:

Associate Girl said...

Yay! Congratulations! I hope you enjoy this next step, and that you get more time with your man. It sounds all good.

Dysfunktional said...

Congratulations on the promotion!

Post a Comment