Wednesday, September 8, 2010

The Year of the Phoenix

Labor day marks the man and I's 2 year anniversary, and my one year anniversary of moving to Phoenix. Time went quick, especially the last half of the year. We made it through a year of long distance dating (NEVER AGAIN), and then a year of going from long distance to living together. Which surprisingly went smoother than I thought it would. We had out typical up and downs and all that but we made it and we're happy so that's what counts.

We were talking about how it did go pretty smooth and we were both surprised, looking back. We've both been pretty flexible and are willing to look at each others points of views and that really helps a lot (unless we're in a good argument, then that all goes out the window until we cool down ha ha). We signed a 9 month lease for the apartment we're in, with the plan to save money so we can get into a house when it is up. We're also saving to put money down to reserve the reception venue we finally found for our wedding. It was so funny because I took him to see the place, I wasn't so sure about it but the pics looked fairly decent and the price was ridiculously cheap. So we get there and start looking around and it's prettier than the pictures, really elegant. So we sit down with the woman showing us around, and start talking about the price for the venue, catering, alcohol, decorations, flowers, ect. And each time she tells us the price my fiance kept saying "WOW, that's a really good price." (Not quite as adamant as the Staples commercial, thank god) Well yeah... you remember the TWO weeks I spent on the internet? It was making sure we found the best place ha ha. I think he's a little more impressed with my skills now.

So this is my first year here. I made it through the summer, which wasn't as bad as I thought it would be. Although the backs of my thighs are turning to jello from not running so fall really can't get here fast enough. I got engaged to the man I want to spend the rest of my life with. I've made some unique friends that I really treasure. I can't wait to see what the next year brings :)

1 comment:

Rockabilly Hippie said...

congrats! Sounds like things are going very well and I hope it continues in that fashion! And kudos to finding an awesome venue! I think that's one of the most difficult parts of wedding planning :-)

Post a Comment