Thursday, September 2, 2010

Why not to stalk your boyfriend

I was on my break today, reading the news from my phone, and this little gem of a story came up. I haven't had something this intriguing since I read about Steven Slater going crazy on the Jet Blue flight.

Basically, I guess this woman and her bf were having problems and she tried to break into his house with a shovel one night (the article doesn't say they were having problems but put two and two together), which didn't work. SO she comes back the next night and gets a ladder, climbs onto the roof, removes the chimney cap and sends herself down like Santa. Problem though... chimneys  aren't big enough for people to get through and she gets wedged in there so tight that she can't breath and asphyxiates. Before this all happens the bf leaves the house to avoid a "confrontation." If a woman tried to slide through my chimney to get at me, you bet I'd be running too. So THREE DAYS LATER, the housekeeper notices a "smell and liquid" coming from the fireplace and discovers the decomposing corpse of the woman wedged about 2 feet above the opening for the fireplace.

...

So, how do you even process that if you're the housekeeper? Maybe you think a dead bird or small animal fell down and died, then you look up and see... two human feet. That would have made me crap my pants. No joke.

Here is the really sad part to. It's not like the woman was some young passionate girl. No. She was a 49 year old doctor. How does something like this happen? As the guy in the breakroom said "When will people learn you can't slide down chimneys?" If you're going to go through all the trouble of breaking in, why not just break a window and get in? I couldn't stop reading the article because in a way it's kind of comical, but even more so it's extremely tragic.

No comments:

Post a Comment