Tuesday, January 12, 2010

Brides

My boyfriend and I are planning on getting married, he's asked my dad's permission to marry me, now we're just waiting to get the ring paid off for it to be "official." So my future mother in law asked if I wanted to go to the Phoenix Bitch Expo... I mean Bridal Expo ha ha. So I thought it would be a good idea to... get some ideas. I have never seen so many self-entitled women in one place, in my life!

I'm not one of those girls who's had this planned since I was 5. In fact I was the girl who swore up and down until the age of 22 that I was never getting married because I'd lose so much freedom (freedom was a big thing to me, I was homeschooled ha ha). But then I met Mr. Perfect and now here I am... semi/sorta engaged. And now all the freedom of traveling the world/doing what I want, doesn't even compare to not being able to do things with him.

Have you ever seen the show Brideszillas? That is how I DO NOT want to be. I can't believe those women sometimes. Their crazy rants over some stupid napkins or silly things like that. One of my friends once told me she wanted to be a wedding planner and all I could say was "WHY?!?!" and she went on about some nonsense that it was one of the most important days in a persons life and blah, blah, blah, things that didn't really make sense until now. I'd still never want to do that though, nope. Women are vicious!

So I do have a better idea of what I want for my wedding now. I'm just such a laid back person though that all that craziness seems stupid. Basically as long as our families are there, and the preacher, I'll be happy.

No comments:

Post a Comment