Thursday, January 21, 2010

Hiking

It's been raining like crazy here (weird, I never thought I'd say that in Arizona) so this weekend when it dries out a little, my boyfriend is going to take me hiking at South Mountain. I use the term mountain very loosely because I was raised at the base of the Rocky Mountains, so when my boyfriend first pointed out South Mountain I kind of snorted a little and said "Oh, you mean the pointy hill over there?" It's actually bigger than I first thought.

But, because of the rain, he says there's going to be waterfalls and streams to find so I'm pretty excited about it. I really haven't been hiking a whole lot. We went hiking when I was younger up near Sun Valley with another family. They said it was a short hike. Short hike for me is 15 minutes... short hike for them was 2 hours. Big difference. Especially when you're a kid and those minutes go by so much slower. It was really pretty and we finally pulled ourselves up to the top, panting desperately for air, and there was a lake up there. It was crazy... and cold. I know because I slipped on a log and accidentally sat in it. Then on the way down I kept falling down on the switchbacks with my wet pants, so it looked like I shit my pants then sat on it. It was great.

So I'm hoping for a better experience this time ha ha. I still need to go shopping and get a first aid kid, just in case. I need to get some snacks and water, and I think this time I'm going to bring and extra pair of pants, just in case ;)

No comments:

Post a Comment