Friday, January 15, 2010

Colds

I've had a cold the past couple days. It's one of those colds where you feel kinda stuffed up, but then you lean forward slightly and all of Niagara Falls suddenly bursts forth from your nose. My favorite! So I called into work to have my shift covered because I don't know when the deluge of snot is going to come out of my nose, and didn't want it to end up in someones coffee. Sorry I know that's gross... I'm just sick of it, literally.

I need a better job anyways, working for an hourly rate SUCKS. I'm almost tempted to go back to waitressing, almost. One of the most amazing things I've noticed here is that if a customer is a bitch... you can be a bitch back! I know, maybe that's common most places but it wasn't where I was from. You just took what they told you because if they complained, you'd probably get fired. Not so here, you can actually act like a human being, not a robot. It's great.

Anyways to top that off I got some kind of virus/malware on my computer called SWP 2009. Wow. I've had viruses before but this one takes the cake. I'm generally computer savvy, I'm not a computer programmer by any means, but I can usually take care of things. 5 hours. That how long it took to research and figure out how to get rid of this thing. It wouldn't let me download anything or start Task Manager, nothing. To after some research on google I think I finally got the thing taken care of... I think. It says it can respawn (like something out of hell, which is it) so I'll have to keep running scans that take years to complete.

If you don't have virus protection or anything for your computer I really recommend AVG Anti-virus FREE edition (that's right, free) and Ad-Aware FREE edition for the malware/spyware stuff. Both are available for download at download.com . They scan the downloads for viruses and I've used them for many things so I trust them.

No comments:

Post a Comment