Thursday, January 28, 2010

Soldiers

My boyfriend got a call a few days ago from the army saying the unit he used to be in took some heavy casualties in Afghanistan. It's weird how much power hearing, or saying, words can have. Sometimes you know something, but it doesn't effect you until you hear or say it.

Those men were like brothers to him so he took it really hard. My brother is currently stationed over there too. He's in a different battalion though, thank God. Even just hearing that there were casualties hit me hard. I think about all the "what if's" e.v.e.r.y. day. It's always on the back of my mind. But hearing that men were dying, really brought out my fears. Why when I think to myself, that I'm terrified something will happen to him, I can hold it in and I'm ok? But when I say it and tell someone... I can't control myself and break down crying?

1 comment:

Kyla @ The Simpsons said...

I'm really sorry to hear that.. prayers are being sent your way. And thanks to your hubby and brother for being so brave!

Post a Comment