Tuesday, October 12, 2010

Home Sweet Home

Sometimes I miss being back in Idaho where I grew up. There are a lot of great things to do outside like biking,hiking, boating, snowboarding, ect. I've missed the changing of the seasons (but not the incredibly crappy weather that accompanies it). But then I think about the things I do not miss, such as the incredibly crazy narrow minded people who are still stuck in that tiny town. Here are a couple beautiful examples provided by the local "Letters to the Editor" column.


Stolen cabbages? Do we really need to know about the theft of your produce? You make it sound like someone kidnapped a member of your family. There is also fresh cabbage available all year round at the grocery store...

Increasing town revew? And decreasing your popularity in a town where everyone knows everyone.Good choice.

2 comments:

Associate Girl said...

Stolen cabbages! Oh no! That reminds me of a similar story - I went to university in a part of Dallas known for being really swanky (University Park, Dallas) and one time the area newspaper had a story about an outbreak of assaults and the perp used ---- BAGELS!

Phoenix said...

Hopefully they were at least stale bagels...

Post a Comment