Wednesday, October 6, 2010

I look high, in one eye.

So I haven't been changing my contacts as regularly as I should, and with my new longer hours of work, it means I'm also wearing them quite a big more. My eyes decided to revolt and yesterday they were extremely dry and irritable. Since I refused to get glasses when I was younger, I don't have any, so I had to wear them for work (and driving if I don't want to hit any small children by accident). One eye accepted the contact and moved on with it's life, but the other decided to be a biznatch and turn all shades of red that no amount of saline could fix. So yesterday and today I've had one blazing red eye and one normal colored one. Which isn't too bad because then people know I'm not high, and I don't have pink eye. Just one abnormally red eye. And of course it's on days I have to work.

At the coffee show, we're supposed to ask people's names when we take their coffee order so we can call it out when we're finished making it. That way it seems more personal and maybe they'll think we're actually friends or something (at least that's how the corporate world thinks it is). My favorite customer's name was Yoshi, who is a very nice, tall Asian man who usually brings his young son in with him. I always want to squeal out "YYYYOSHI!" like they say it in the Mario games when his drink is ready... but I refrain. Well today after serving Yoshi, I asked a man for his name and it was Waldo. Awkward pause for one second while I debated how to respond to that name. I decided that a lot of people probably commented on it so I decided to not say anything about it. Although a minute later, I was extremely tempted to yell out "WHERE'S WALDO?" when his drink was ready... but again my better judgment got the better of me and I didn't.

1 comment:

Amie said...

Ugh, sorry about your eye. Take out the contacts for a few days for a rest and it should improve. Get some glasses. I promise they've improved since we were kids!

Post a Comment