Monday, April 5, 2010

Daddy

My dad's 60th birthday is coming up. Wow. I really wish everyone could meet him, because everyone deserves a dad like him. I want to dedicate this post to him and why I love him so much.

I want to thank my dad for always being available whenever I needed him. He always made sure he was around for everything. It's said that a girl's choice in the men she chooses to love, is reflective of her dad. I want to thank my dad for setting the bar so high.
For showing me that a man does whatever it takes for his family.
That a man stays true and faithful and loves his wife. 25 YEARS OF MARRIAGE! Everyday longer I'm with my fiance I realize how much that required and what that really means. What a selfless love.
That a dad is more than the income provider, that he is a source of comfort and love and great wisdom.
That a dad puts aside his dreams until his children are grown up because they are not a responsibility to be taken lightly.

I want to thank my dad for still loving me, even through the years of me being a little shit head (teenage years and up). Even if we were fighting he still would do anything for me. That taught me that true love has no boundaries, it has no pride, and has no limitations.

My dad taught me to have no prejudices. That everyone is a human being and needs to be accepted.

My dad taught me that being a christian isn't going to church to get your "get out of hell free" card. Christianity means loving people, in any way possible. Loving the unlovely and embracing the outcasts of the earth. It's about bringing hope to people with no hope, and finding an even greater hope along the way. It's about never judging and always accepting. It's about getting past ourselves, and finding new ways to reach out to people.

He has taught me so much and I am so grateful for the time I have been allowed to be with him and for the time I will have in the future. I love you daddy.

No comments:

Post a Comment