Sunday, April 18, 2010

Prom

 It's that time of year again.

That time when girls wear hideously huge dresses, and wonder why they look fat. When they spend so much on fake tans, nails, make, hair, and accessories, and end up looking more like a plastic creation or barbie than a beautiful girl. When guys spend a ridiculously large amount of money to get laid, if they're lucky. If not they just blew a bunch of money hoping to. Next time save it for a prosty, your chances are much better. It's prom season!

I went to prom my junior year. Which is kind of surprising for two reasons... I was homschooled... and I didn't put out. I don't think I'd even kissed a guy at that point. But I got asked by a very nice foreign exchange student, who I couldn't understand half the time. Since my options were limited and I didn't think he'd be asking me to show him my boobs by the end of the night (at least if he did I wouldn't be able to understand it) I decided to go.

Prom is supposed to be this magical evening that's one of the highlights of your high school years. Instead it's a bunch of kids dressed up in really uncomfortable clothes, attempting to dance in a high school gym that's 'supposed' to be reminiscent of Paris. It's still a gym, and no matter how many pictures and christmas lights you put up everywhere, I can still see the bleachers pushed up against the wall.

Everything is so expensive too. The flowers and dinner. My favorite part of the evening was when we stopped by someone's house and played Halo with a bunch of other people. In fact I would have preferred to stay there all evening because my dancing skills are... horrible. Every time I try I just end up looking around and asking "Do I look as retarded as everyone else around me?"

Big waste of time.

No comments:

Post a Comment