Wednesday, April 21, 2010

Relief

I got to talk to my brother today, he is doing pretty well. He lost his pinkie, ring finger, and part of that side of his hand, but the rest is good.

I think the most heart wrenching thing about this was we didn't know if he'd lost all of his fingers, or not. If you know my brother, he is one of the most talented guitarists you'll ever hear. I'm not just saying that because he's my brother, I'm saying that as a musician of 20 years and knowing what I'm talking about. I've seen John Petrucci from Dream Theater live and he's gone nothing on my little bro. So to think that his passion in life could have been taken from him, made me cry more than anything. But it was for nothing because he's ok and got all the important fingers left. He can still flip people off if he wants to as well, which is always good ha ha.

Last night was the night I finally severed anything that was left of my relationship with the Ex. Why does this stuff always get to dragged out? Love is such a powerful emotion. So, while it wasn't pretty, I'm still here for him and I'll take care of him the best I can, from a friends perspective. Uggghhh so much to deal with at one time.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I'm sorry to hear about your brother's injury, but very pleased to hear that he can still play guitar!

My fiance is a guitarist as well, and I can't imagine how it would affect him to lose the ability to express himself that way.

Thanks for coming by! Any lover of Mal is a lover...well, a friend of mine! ;)

Cal's Canadian Cave of Coolness said...

Love and hate are not opposites. They are the same side of the coin. The opposite of love is INDIFFERENCE. The passion that goes into love and hate is the same.

Post a Comment