Tuesday, February 2, 2010

Air travel

I'm hoping to go visit my family in a couple weeks back in good old Idaho. I'll probably be flying because it's a 15 hourish drive and I'll probably be going alone. I've flown quite a bit so I feel like their are certain rules everyone should follow.

Gather all your metal objects into one place before you get to the scanners.
Like into a purse, backpack, or pocket. Whatever works as long as you put a little thought into it. Nothing drives me nuts more than waiting in a huge line just to get to the scanners, and then having to wait for the woman in front of you to take off her millions of pieces of jewelry, keys, and electronics. And of course she sets the metal detector off, again and again because she didn't remember to take the sunglasses off the top of her head.

You know you're going to have to take your shoes and metal belt off...
So dress accordingly. Wear shoes that come off and on easily. And please wear pants that fit... no one wants to see your asscrack when you can't hold them up because the new scanners make hold your arms out.

If you're heavier and you're sitting next to me, don't put the arm rest up.
Maybe it's a little more comfortable for you... but then I have to sit the rest of the flight with you half in my seat and your fat rubbing all over me, sick. Please try to stay in your seat. This applies to people who fall over when they fall asleep too. Just imagine there are glass walls from the arm rests, up. Just don't cross that line. ESPECIALLY if you drool or snore.

If you have luggage in the overhead compartment...
DO NOT wait until the last minute to get it out. And once you get it, please exit the plane. Old people are notorious for taking their damn time and holding the entire plane up while they fumble around trying to get their shit together. MOVE IT.

Once you exit the gate...
Please keep moving. I realize it's a new airport, but it is for everyone and I shouldn't be held back because it takes you 5 minutes to get some kind of bearing. Walk and read the signs at the same time, it's called multi-tasking.

At the luggage carousel...
If your bag isn't up, don't stand right at the edge. I realize you want to get you luggage as soon as possible, but your restricting everyone else from getting theirs. I don't usually check in luggage, but if I do I pack EVERYTHING in it. I'm kind of an expert in it packing, so my suitcase will be heavy. And I will not be afraid to hit you with it or drop it on your toes because you're too discourteous to wait for yours.

No comments:

Post a Comment