Monday, August 30, 2010

Dates

One of the things I really like about working at the Melting Pot, is that people are usually in there to celebrate something and that means they are in a great mood, which definitely makes my job more pleasant that way. Think about it, either I can wait on a table happily celebrating a birthday vs waiting on a table of 7 because mom was too tired/grumpy from the kids, being unruly all day, to make dinner. First scenario wins every time!

So this weekend one of the other servers was talking to me about his table. He said "I feel really bad for the woman at my table. She is supposed to be on a double date with another couple celebrating their anniversaries... but, her husband stood her up. And it's their 24th anniversary."

My jaw dropped. I understand having arguments in relationships, but standing your spouse up for your 24 anniversary?! In front of your friends too! Ohh man, I would be furious!

The server said that the woman's husband would now have to come pick her up, because she was too drunk to drive (which I would be too). He later told me that her husband did show up eventually, an hour and a half late... wearing his pajamas!!! I don't think I could sign the divorce papers fast enough...

5 comments:

Associate Girl said...

1. That's so sad. Poor lady. Of course, there's two sides to every story.
2. Love the Melting Pot! Its been a while. My son has never been. I'll have to take him soon. I love it all - the cheese, the meats, the chocolate. Oh. So. Good.

Anonymous said...

That makes me so sad...poor thing. :(

Dysfunktional said...

This blew me away. What was he doing that he couldn't show up to the dinner but came to pick her up in his pj's? Are you kidding me?

Poor thing. She probably got drunk so she wouldn't have to think about the fact that her other half stood her up!

Phoenix said...

It's true there are 2 sides to every story... but after 24 years you think they would have worked things out... :-/

Rockabilly Hippie said...

you are my god. I have spent more freakin money at Melting Pot I should own stock lol. I even have a fav server at every one of the locations I frequent. So thank you for making awesome cheesy goodness for all of us :-)

and I loved the last line, and I hope she did divorce his sorry self! What a schmuck!

Post a Comment