Tuesday, August 10, 2010

Party

The bf and I went to his godfather's 50th birthday this past weekend, in California. Let me just say that Mexican's really know how to party ha ha. There was a bottle of tequila on every table and a trough of Corona's and Bud Lights. There was a huge buffet table of delicious bbq food and a band playing all night. I even got to go horseback riding, which I haven't done in YEARS and was so much fun. The downside to that is, of course, I can't walk like I normal person because the insides of my thighs got pulled. I never really realized why people always said cowboys were bowlegged (if you don't know what I'm talking about it's ok, I was raised in Idaho after all) and now I completely understand ha ha.

So we had to stop a couple times on the trip back (hello surprise monthly gift), and the bathrooms were HORRENDOUS!!! The first one was so disgusting I didn't even want to wash my hands because I just risked picking up more germs from the filthy sink. That's where hovering really comes in handy ;)

At the second stop I wasn't really sure I had to go to the bathroom, but I thought it would be good to stop just in case. As soon as I stood up I knew I had to go, and go NOW. So I ran to the bathroom... and there is a line of 5 women (GAHHHH). One of the stalls wasn't out of order and the other two were taken. The handicapped stall was taken by a mom and her 3 kids, who were all taking their sweet time and I know why because of the grunting coming from the stall (love kids). So I had to wait for the other 5 women to use the ONE stall while really trying not to poop my pants (it was close). I seriously considered going into the Men's bathroom but I toughed it out and made it. When I went to wash my hands the soap dispenser was broken off the wall, laying on the counter, and empty. As well as the paper towel dispenser. Thank you God for instant hand sanitizer!!!

But minus the bathrooms, the trip was fun. I feel like I'm getting to know his family a lot more, and all of them are so open and welcoming, which is a really good thing when you're marrying into a family that is so close!

1 comment:

Dysfunktional said...

I love road trips but I'm always worried when I have to stop and use the bathroom. You just never know what you are going to find!

Post a Comment