Wednesday, August 11, 2010

Wake up call

I have been kind of sick lately. Since I don't have to work until tonight, I just kind of lounged around in bed for awhile (all morning) and then reached for my phone and found this wonderful little gem of a story about a flight attendant going crazy and quitting.

It's worth reading and left me in bed laughing out loud. I don't think I've had one job where I haven't wanted to do the same to a customer. I had to stop waitressing at Chili's awhile ago because I knew I couldn't take anymore shit from people, and would snap if someone else treated me badly again. I don't know if it's American's specifically, but people seem to just have this feeling of entitlement that anyone in employment is below them and they are entitled to do whatever they want. And I realize people have bad days, especially traveling, but I would never treat people unless it was the way I would like to be treated. I would expect people to do that same but no, they don't.

I guess for me, the best part was that he used the same language the passenger did with him. Which honestly, if someone starts swearing at you and calling you names, I think you should be able to treat them exactly the same way.

2 comments:

Amber said...

I've worked in the service industry and you're right, some people are rude and think that that they can talk to the people "serving" them any way they want. I don't know who raises their kids to treat others that way, but it's so odd to me.

I think this flight attendant is pretty awesome and you just know that he's probably going to have a reality show soon.

Phoenix said...

Yah some people can really take the "customer is always right" attitude and twist it to justify whatever they do.
I just thought the story was hilarious because I think anyone that has worked with the public a lot, has been tempted to do something similar at some point :)

Post a Comment