Tuesday, August 31, 2010

Salsa

The man and I had a disagreement (it wasn't a fight, we just both thought the other was an idiot ha ha) about salsa. We'd just finished watching a commercial about Tango dancing and I said:

Me: "Did you know salsa originated in Argentina?"

Man: "What? No it didn't. It's from Mexico"

Me: "Uhh no, I was in Argentina. They had signs and history about it everywhere."

Man: "Well they lied honey. That's the stupidest thing I ever heard"

Me: "I don't think a whole country would lie about it. It clearly said it everywhere."

Man: "Well it's not true, it's from Mexico."

10 minutes later of silence while watching tv, and thinking about how ignorant the other person was....

Me: "You are talking about Salsa dancing right?"

Man: "No. Is that what you were talking about? I was talking about the salsa dip..."

2 comments:

Rockabilly Hippie said...

omg that is awesome! To be a fly on the wall during that convo :-)

I just discovered your blog and I have to say I've literally laughed out loud like at least 3 times! Looking forward to reading your older posts and new ones to come :-)

Phoenix said...

Thank you! It was really funny afterwards ha ha.

Post a Comment