Wednesday, February 10, 2010

Love

Things have been so good lately between my boyfriend and I. Sure we have our fights, what couple doesn't. But they're just part of the process of learning to be with one another and the time in between them is so amazing.
     I'm one of those suckers for love, the one who believes that you can be in love with someone you're whole life and if you wait for it, it will be the most amazing thing you've ever experienced. You wouldn't have thought I was if you knew me before I met him. I always swore I would never fall in love or get married. 
     I think it was because I didn't really believe that real love existed. It was great to read about in Jane Austen novels and dream about in my spare time, but that kind of stuff never actually happened to anyone. I wanted a Prince Charming and if I wasn't going to get him, then I'd rather spend the rest of my life waiting for him.
     I'd seen my friends relationships as I grew up, and trust me, I didn't want any of that. That's why I was so late to join the dating game. I was 19 when I had my first boyfriend, who was also my first kiss. It lasted 3 weeks before he dumped me in front of a ferris wheel on my birthday. He was younger than me and apparently more scared than I was of commitment ha ha. There were a couple of boys after that, but never really anyone I wanted to become emotionally or physically invested in. They would always amazing guys, but one would be lacking intellect and another was great but I just wasn't that attracted too.I wanted to wait for the right person to come along instead of wasting my time and heart on others in the process. 
     And then I did find him. The man who crossed off all the things on my list of "things I want in a man"... and even more! He was incredibly sexy and extremely smart (and not stuck on himself! Yay for men without giant egos!!!). He was stronger than me  which was more that I can say for some guys. I was an amateur boxer and I wanted to have someone that made me feel like a woman, not a man. He was a natural leader and someone I respected and felt that would always take care of me. He was a former SWAT cop, Pilot, and now Airborne Infantry in the army so he was pretty tough, but when he touched me he was always so gentle. Like I was a fragile glass figurine :)
     Here, for the first time in my life, I finally found someone that was unlike any man I found before him. I found someone I could honestly see myself being in love with for the rest of my life. A man who would always love me, hold me, and protect me (and spoil me ridiculously ha ha). And so far he has. So with Valentines Day coming up I dedicate this post to the love of my life, the man I will spend the rest of my days with. My love.  

No comments:

Post a Comment