Thursday, May 27, 2010

Boxing

One thing I've been really missing lately is boxing. I used to be involved with it a lot, and I fought as an amateur a few times. The weird thing about it, is that I am not a very aggressive person. Outside of sparring, it takes a lot for me to get to the point where I'd ever want to hit someone, so far in fact that I never have ha ha.
(I wish this was me but sadly I'm not an shape like they are)

I've only been part of a fight once (here comes one of my great Idaho redneck stories), and I couldn't bring myself to hit the girl because she was too drunk. We were at a party at a friends house, my little sister and I, and her best friend. The BF I guess hung out with a guy awhile back (girls hold onto grudges like fat kids to cake) and his new girl at the time got extremely mad about it and decided she wanted to fight the BF while she was completely drunk. We were all stone cold sober at this point and this girl kept pursuing the BF all over the place, trying to get in her face and make her hit her. The BF, who normally is confrontational, kept backing off because this girl was ridiculously drunk.

So eventually punches started to be thrown by the girl, who probably never threw a punch in her life based on the way she was trying to hit the BF, and we just stood back and let out friend handle it. Well all the girls bitch friends started punching the BF in the back of the head so my little sister flew to her friends defense. Literally. She hurled herself around the BF and with one punch, sent the girl to the ground, where I held her down in a choke hold just until she calmed down then we let her back up. But even then when the girl was hitting the BF who I consider to be a little sister, I couldn't bring myself to really hurt her, just restrain her.

Which brings me to another point. If girls started doing boxing or martial arts more, there would be a lot less bitches in the world. I'm serious. If we could take out our anger and jealousies, whatever, on a punching bag instead of each other, life would be so much better. Which is why I really loved it. I would go to practice a couple times a week, and at the end of it I'd be so exhausted I couldn't help but like everybody. Being mad takes too much energy :)

No comments:

Post a Comment