Saturday, May 1, 2010

DC

I'm in Washington DC now with my brother at the hospital. It's harder than I thought it would be but it's so, so good to see him. Even if he is a grumpy bastard ha ha. I guess the day we got here was the hardest day for him so far. He's getting tired of being in pain, and incapacitated, and attached to tubes, and in the bed all day, ect. He showed me all the work they did. They took a graph from his back (skin, muscles, nerves) and wrapped it around his hand because he's basically missing most of his palm. Anyways, by the time he was done showing me all the staples in his back, and the massive piece of tissue attached to his hand, I almost passed out. I had already seen pictures so you think I would have been ok, but just seeing it all and seeing how he was in pain really effected me.

I think it's also a good way for him to come back from war. It's always a hard adjustment, but I think that since he's pretty much still cut off from society, and he's with his family, it will help him adjust more slowly which is good. Give him his time.

So today will be better. I've got some music for him, I'll probably read him some books I read. It's nice to be a whole family again. When a soldier is deployed you just never know it that will happen again, and it feels wonderful to be reunited again.

No comments:

Post a Comment