Wednesday, May 26, 2010

Light at the end of the tunnel

I got a job at the Melting Pot! It's a high end fondue restaurant...


(How could you say no to this? Especially filled with chocolate!)


So I'm very excited because I'll actually start making a livable income now ha ha. And hopefully I can go back to DC to visit my brother. He is progressing REALLY well! He's gotten a lot of the mobility back in his 2 fingers and thumb, the swelling is going down, and he should be out of the hospital finally after a few days, once he gets a skin graph. 

I'm also hoping to go to Idaho for a friends wedding reception. He's one of those friends that was a good friend to me and my brother and sister (we're all 3 years apart so we had a lot of mutual friends). Even after he moved to go to college we stayed good friends. I think the best friends are the ones that realize that when you move away, it's ok that we don't talk a lot and you don't have to work to keep the friendship. We'll just hang up when we're back in the same place and pick up where we left off. He was one of those people, and I'm so excited he's getting married!

I have the next few days off so I'm hoping to get some swimming or hiking in maybe. The weather has been really nice, under 90 degrees which everyone here says isn't normal, it's usually above 100. I'm scared of the summer! Ha ha. I lived in a desert before, but not here where it easily gets to 115 degrees for the entire summer. I'm hoping my blood has thinned out since I've been here for 9 months now, but I doubt it has fully. AHHH I'm going to die!

No comments:

Post a Comment