Friday, May 14, 2010

Look a likes

Have you ever had someone tell you that you look just like someone else? And when they show you that person they think you look like, they're very ugly? And socially retarded? It's kind of happened a lot to me and I am started to wonder if I'm uglier that I think I am, ha ha.

My dad used to tell me he always thought I'd grow up to be like this girl at our church who wore glasses (not the cute trendy kind, I'm talking about the straight up geeky kind with the tiny rims), had the body of a little boy, and the personality of a sock. Umm thank you? Ha ha I think he must have seen some qualities in her that I didn't (at least I hope so and that it wasn't a subtle hint on his part that nobody liked me). 

Different people have done this at different points in my life with other people too. And I realize I'm not the most attractive person in the world... but I'm at least decent looking. All the people I'm compared to are just straight up weird looking. And weird in general. I've mentioned before that I was homeschooled. BUT, I pride myself on having turned out normal. And by normal I mean you can't tell that I was homeschooled. The people I'm compared to...  have the social skills of a 3rd grader.

It's really starting to hurt my tiny ego ha ha.

1 comment:

linnykins said...

Heh, 'normal' is such a debatable word, I say that everybody seems normal until you get to know them.

Normal is overrated! Haha.

Post a Comment