Thursday, May 20, 2010

Money

On the job hunt again. Kind of frustrating how hard it is to get a job here. I started a new job a few weeks back, and it lasted about 3 days (they tricked me). They said they were a marketing company that focused on face-to-face interactions with customers, a new alternative to traditional advertising, blah blah blah. It all sounded so nice and professional, until I actually went to train, and then it turns out that I would be a door-to-door salesman at businesses. NO THANK YOU. Not gonna do it, nope. I'm not walking around Phoenix, during the summer with 120 degree weather, having people yell at me and treat me like a dog because I'm "trying to sell something." And honestly the product I was selling was really good and would have saved them money, but they wouldn't even speak with me. That kind of a job is too depressing and degrading for me. And it didn't help that the only way the last guy I trained with sold anything, was if there were women working and he was shamelessly flirting with them. So I ran away from that job REALLY fast.

I'm breaking down and going to apply at some restaurants today. I know I said I'd never be a waitress again, BUT I need some money to pay off debt and save for a wedding, and this is pretty much my only option at this point. I'm applying at the Melting Pot, which has an average per person order of $45!!!! I know, you probably think I'm selling out for money, but if I can make as much as working my part time job for a week, in one night of waiting on tables, you bet your butt I'm selling out! At least for the time being. Fine dining restaurants are so much nicer because you don't get the rednecks and hillbillies (I'm slightly bitter) coming in. The worst were cowboys, when I used to work at a restaurant in Idaho, because they would scrape the cow crap off their boots under the table. Thanks. I really wanted to pick up cow shit today.

SO, wish me luck in finding a non-redneck friendly restaurant to work at ;)

3 comments:

linnykins said...

All the best with your job hunt! It's a hard process but hang in there, try not to get too discouraged. Sending you good luck vibes :)

linnykins said...

And girls with mullets?!?! Oh please, no. Haha.

Phoenix said...

Thanks!
Yeah mullets are just ridiculous in general.

Post a Comment