Friday, June 18, 2010

Jinxed

Last night I was walking out to a table and in the hallway, a busser tried to avoid me (unsuccessfully of course of this story wouldn't be interesting) while carrying a large tray full of dirty dishes. He ended up knocking the tray against the wall, and the whole thing fell to the ground. I felt responsible because he was trying to avoid me (which made me feel like a huge fatass because he couldn't get around me) so I helped him clean up by sweeping up the glass. 10 minutes later, I hear another crash and go back to the same spot where a server has fallen carrying a tray of dessert. The reason he fell was because of the puddle left from the glasses of the last tray, that wouldn't have spilled if I hadn't been in the way. Oops!

So I was feeling pretty jinxed this morning at work to say the least and I was telling my coworker about the incidents from the night before. After awhile he went to get some water and, as he was pouring, the entire lid came out of the pitcher, as well as the contents of the full water pitcher, and spread all over the condiment counter and floor. He simply turns to me and says "You just refilled the water didn't you? And you didn't put the lid on tight enough..."

I'm pretty sure I should just be sent home early tonight because I've managed to cause a series of extreme messes, and all without directly doing them myself!

1 comment:

linnykins said...

Heh. Unfortunate string of events there! I hope your jinx has lifted and there have a been no more messes!

Post a Comment