Thursday, June 3, 2010

New job!

I have orientation today at my new job at the Melting Pot! I'm really excited. I've always LOVED starting new jobs, I think new things in general make me happy, which is really weird because I'm a very long term employee. Or maybe that's the reason why, because I wait forever until I can't stand a job another second, then I work at if for a few months then get a new one. Maybe.

So I'll obviously be writing about my waitressing experiences quite a bit more. I'm hoping the majority of the redneck stuff I was subjected to in Idaho is now behind me... but irregardless of the class of people, they are always some crazies to bring a spot of sunshine to my life. My sister had a great conversation with a woman at one of her tables awhile ago.

We'll call my sister Toodles because that's my nickname for her. Her other childhood nickname was Pooter (or Poot n' Tooter if you want the full version, don't ask me why) and she'd probably murder me in my sleep if I used that.

So Toodles asked the people at her table if they wanted desert and the woman sitting there said:

Woman "Tell me about the red velvet cake."
Toodles "It's a red velvet cake with cream cheese frosting."
W "Oh, so what's the red velvet cake like?"
T "It's red, and it's a cake. Red velvet cake."
W "Ohhh, so it's like chocolate cake?"
T "No, it's like red velvet cake. It's red, and it's cake."
W "Yes, but what is it like?"
T "Like cake, that's red."

I guess the woman, who was in her mid-forties, had never had red velvet cake. Which brings up the good question of how do you even describe it? It has a very unique taste.

So, I'm going to a birthday party tonight for a girl from work. It's nice actually having people invite us out ha ha. At least my friends anyways. I'm really starting to feel like this is home now.

No comments:

Post a Comment