Monday, June 21, 2010

Old

I can not wait to be old. I think a lot of people dread it, but hopefully after 60-70 years on this earth I'll be ready for it.

First of all you can do almost anything you want in public and get away with it because people will excuse it due to your old age. Your pants can fall down, you can swear for no reason at strangers, you can sing little songs to yourself all the time, and no one really expects you to be completely sane anymore. As my grandma likes to say "You can fart and no one cares!" I'm not excited about that part of it especially, but obviously she it. My aunt was telling me how one day, her and my grandma went to Office Max to get some office supplies. They asked a sales associate to help them find something they needed. He took them to the spot where it was and it was on the bottom shelf. When my grandma bent over to get it she uhh.... let one rip. My aunt said she ran away one way down the aisle, and the associate ran the other.

One thing that would be hard though, would be much slower you get .Awhile ago when I was a waitress in Idaho, a really small town was having their 40th class reunion at our restaurant and I was serving their table. There were probably 8 or 9 older couples there. That day the fans in the kitchen went out, so eventually the smoke from the grill set the fire alarms off. Everyone bolted out of the restaurant except for my table of quite elderly people. They moved so slow that by the time we got it figured out and had the alarm turned off, they were only halfway to the door ha ha.

But overall, I think it's going to be a great age and I plan to enjoy it to the fullest.

No comments:

Post a Comment