Sunday, March 14, 2010

Dates

I was going to the grocery store with the bf last night. I'd finally had the time to take a shower then blow dry and straighten my hair which he really likes. So I was feeling pretty sexy. I'd forgotten something in our apt so I ran and grabbed it then ran back to the car. I was doing the "sexy" run, you know what I'm talking about, hair blowing in the wind, boobs bouncing. I get to the car and go to open the door and pull it open, and hit myself in the side with it. HARD. So much for trying to look hot ha ha.

My sister was saying how her and her friend got in a fight. Basically my sister ended up telling her friend she was a slut and couldn't get a boyfriend because she always slept with the guys right away. Ha ha how do you tell someone that? I'm sure you think it, but actually say it? Damn. Must have been a nasty fight. But my sister started quoting Patty Stanger from Millionaire Matchmaker about how you don't have sex with someone you're dating, until it's exclusive. Which, although random, is actually REALLY good advice. I think for guys, they think that if a girl was that easy with them, why wouldn't she be with anybody else? For girls, it's a security thing. We start hoping so much that a guy will stay with us after something that intimate, that we smothering them. It just makes relationships jump ahead too quickly that it becomes awkward.

I think people would save themselves a lot of heartache if they just waited it out, until it was an exclusive relationship and the time was just right. I think a lot of times we just give ourselves away too easily and quickly, and if we just respect ourselves and say we're worth waiting for, for a while, then things just end up better, whether the relationship works out or not.

No comments:

Post a Comment