Tuesday, March 30, 2010

Kitty

Today is an absolutely beautiful (what Arizonans would call "late winter" and Idahoans would call "Midsummer") day. Warm outside, but still with a breath of lingering coolness from the night. I'm going to go running! I took a week off for umm, feminine reasons, and then another week because I had a head cold from hell (all while it was 70-80 degrees outside). How do you get colds in a state that is always above 60 degrees? I'm guessing that because I now live in a different place, with different cold and flu bugs, my body is more likely to get them. I have been sick at least once a month. I used to get sick once a year, MAYBE.



So anyways we have the craziest kitten. I call her Dr. Jekyll and Mr. Hyde because one minute she's attacking your face, then the next she just wants to snuggle up with you and fall asleep. She's adorable and terrifying all at the same time. For some reason my family has always gotten cats with extreme personalities and this one is no exception. I'm pretty sure once we get her spayed she'll be better, less crazy hormones (please God). So I decided to use up my left over yarn and make some wash cloths. Yes, I am a geek, I was homeschooled and have many domestic passtimes to counter balance my boxing and football playing days, don't judge me. I put what I was working on down for a little bit to watch some tv and the cat jumped on the ball of yard and was playing with it (cliche, yes. Still absolutely adorable? YES!). I looked away and next thing I know she has my crocheted piece in her mouth and it proudly trotting off with it clenched firmly in her little jaws. By the time I catch her she has ran out of the living room (she knew I was after her) through the hall, into our room, and under the bed, unraveling as she went. I would have been mad but she just looked so cute doing it I couldn't ha ha. I'm pretty sure I'd go nuts with boredom if she wasn't home with me during the day.

No comments:

Post a Comment