Thursday, March 18, 2010

Work

We get assigned tasks every week at Barnes & Noble. General cleaning to keep the store looking pretty and shit. So yesterday one of my friends that works there came to the cafe to get some soapy water and rags because she had to clean the base boards around the store. She gets them and is busy doing her task, on her hands an knees scrubbing the base boards and someone walks up to her and asks her if she works there... ha ha seriously? Like she is in there scrubbing the base boards as a hobby! Or maybe she just does it for fun on her days off. Ha ha ha people ask the stupidest questions sometimes. Actually most of the time... but this one was especially stupid.


On a happier note, a woman asked me today if I ever worked as a model which was very flattering. I haven't because I'm too short, but it was nice to hear. She said I had a "wholesome, natural beauty" which made me wonder if I shouldn't shower/brush my hair for 2 days and wear no make-up more often ha ha. I seriously get the nicest compliments when I look crappy. And sunburnt. Which encourages my already sad hygiene habits. Not a good thing.

No comments:

Post a Comment