Friday, March 5, 2010

Visit

I'm going to Idaho to be there for my dad's 60th birthday next month! That sounds so old... not at all like the vibrant, full-of-life man I know as my father.


I get to see 2 of my good friend's babies that I haven't seen before. Babies. Weird. I am getting older. I guess at 23, maybe I should start accepting that I'm a full-fledged adult now huh? It will be good to see them though. I've made some friends here, but there is nothing like being around the people who know you so well. It's that feeling of being absolutely comfortable in your own skin that I've started to miss. 


The really sad thing about small towns is, that you're going to run into everybody eventually, good or bad. Have you ever had one of those "friends" who always acts excited to see you, and know what's going on, then says "I'll call you, we have to hang out sometime soon!" but then never calls you? Thanks for being nice to my face... but I guess I'm not worth the effort of actually trying to hang out with? 
Or just one of those people you'd really prefer never to see again in your life... then you see 5 days in a row at completely random places. Yah, that's about what small towns are like. "Oh look, there's that girl you're boyfriend dumped you for, again. Weird!"
So I really don't miss the place, but I do miss my friends and family so I'm pretty excited to see everyone. Not looking forward to the cold though aggghhh

No comments:

Post a Comment