Sunday, March 21, 2010

Love somebody

I've been thinking lately about friends. Some of my best friends are people I never thought I'd be friends with. The geeks, the socialites, the pretty girls... not exactly words that describe friends I normally look for. But my life has been enriched by these weirdly eccentric and unique people. I really don't know what kind of person I would be if it wasn't for these people opening my eyes to new things and ideas. 

The one thing I've learned is, that everyone needs to be loved. Even the weird people and the snobs who act like they don't. Sometimes I think the weirder someone is, the more they are just really trying to find a friend. Sure lots of people go about it the wrong way and try to lie to make themselves seem cooler, or latch on and suffocate you right away. But deep down, these are people that just need to be accepted, especially for who they are. Who am I to judge and say someone isn't good enough to be my friend? Who am I to say my life can't be impacted in a new way by someone? I can't. How selfish to think I can see to the center of people and am too good for them.

I've really started to value people who are unique. The people who make you laugh with weird comments or refreshing perspectives on life. Even the bitches who will just tell you how it is. Everyone has something to offer, and if you listen closely, you can learn something from them that you never would have from someone else.

No comments:

Post a Comment