Friday, March 12, 2010

Friends

So it's been raining here and (dare I say) cold. And by that I mean slightly breezy and in the 50's. Driving makes me crazy because everyone slows down when it rains. And I don't mean it rains a lot because, while it might rain often during this 'winter' here, it rarely rains for more than 5 minutes. So every one adjust to the 'adverse' road conditions and drives like their 72. In Idaho we adjust after there's been an inch or two of snow, not a couple of raindrop. Rain is for sissies!

I miss my old friends. I like my new ones, but there's just something around people who've known you for years. Friends who have laughed with you until coffee came out of your noses. Friends who have been with you through embarrassing situations, and like you all the more for it. Friends who have been there and shared in the good and the bad. You just can't get that right away with new friends (well no shit). But, I am looking forward to the time to come with the new friends. I really like everyone that works at the coffee shop and have hung out with them on several occasions.

What I love about them is their all kinda nerdy. Not in the stupid sense of the word, but in the sense that they love things (like star wars and pokemon and knitting) and don't give a shit what you think about them. How refreshing is that? You just take them as they are or you don't, you're choice if you want to benefit from their friendship or not. And who am I kidding, I'm a HUGE nerd. I was homeschooled for crying out loud. I know how to knit, crochet, sew, and cross stitch, all while playing a video game. So I am excited to be around my new friends :)

No comments:

Post a Comment