Wednesday, March 3, 2010

Running

 


So I've started running again for the first time since... well probably since I was a teenager. At least consistently anyways. It's a good way to get some fresh air, sunshine, and clear my head. I usually run around the park near my house which is MAYBE a mile (probably not, but it makes me feel good about myself if I think it is) but on Monday I decided to see where my feet could take me and explore the neighborhoods behind my apartment. 
*Note to self. When you more to the 4th largest city in the US and you *think* you know your way around... you don't.
I ended up pretty far from home once I figured out where I was. But I just kept running and almost made it home, until a Godzilla-sized hill appeared right before I got there. So today's goal is to conquer that beast! Ha ha I'm a nerd. But I think I can do it today, I'll find out anyways.

I've come to realize I really do miss running. I used to never go because I'd tell myself I'd get up early and go... and that alarm would go off and sleeping just sounded sooooo much better (when does it not?!). But I've started running in the afternoons when it's warm and sunny out and now I actually look forward to it. I was thinking about getting those reebok shoes with the "balance ball inspired soles" but there pretty expensive if I don't know how well they work... anyone have any experience with them?

No comments:

Post a Comment